I run regular baby massage classes (IAIM trained) in Crossgates. Underfloor heating ensures that babies are at the correct temperature and there is a relaxing atmosphere for both Mums and babies. Age range is between 6 weeks to a year old. Classes run in 5 week blocks and dates and timings can be found on my website. Bottle of organic oil and handouts are provided and I always end the class with a wee cuppa and some home baking 😊 Private, off-street parking is available and ground floor room allows for easy access.
Over the 5 weeks you will learn all the techniques used which are beneficial
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached
- Helping your baby to feel more loved, valued and respected
- Reduced crying and emotional distress
- Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Development of body awareness and co-ordination
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort.
Benefits for Mum/Parent/Carer
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Providing an enjoyable opportunity to spend one-to-one time with your baby
- Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Increased confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learning a life-long parenting skill.
I, personally, have used baby massage on both my girls and definitely vouch for the benefits.
Please check out my website www.withcarly.com which gives all details and feel free to pass on to any new mums.
A recent quote:
‘HypnoBirthing was wonderful and useful, but HypnoMothering is truly indispensable to me’
Having experienced a 4-day, tough labour with my first daughter I undertook a HypnoBirthing course and sailed through the birth of my second daughter in 2.5 hours comfortably at home (by choice).
I have trained in the Mongan Method of HypnoBirthing which focuses on gentle, calm and natural childbirth.
HypnoBirthing gives women the confidence to give birth free of any unnecessary interventions. It empowers women to trust the female human body to be able to birth normally and with ease. Mothers who have given birth with HypnoBirthing broadcast the joy and accomplishment they felt.
HypnoBirthing believes that birth is natural, normal, and healthy, and that women should be able to conceive, nurture and give birth with dignity and reverence.
· 5 sessions at 2.5 hours each
· HypnoBirthing book
· Rainbow Relaxation and Birthing Affirmations CD or MP3
· All course material
HypnoBirthing can totally change your view of the birthing process and take away the fear and apprehension. It can turn the expectation into something you will look forward to with a calm and positive approach.
Classes are run in Crossgates in a calm, relaxing environment. Please check out my website www.withcarly.com and feel free to pass on this information along with my details to any expectant mums.
HypnoMothering is a (one-off) 2.5 hour class for mums to be, new mothers and mothers of infants. This fun, practical class teaches mothers easy and fast techniques to make the most of limited sleep, keep calm and balanced on challenging days, and find focus and mindfulness amidst the myriad of feelings that mothers face. Please get in touch for more details and class information.